However there’s a button tab so I decided to cut this piece a wee bit longer to accommodate matching or not matching the print. My plan was to place the shirt buttons on the flowers of the print.
So technically, this is a shirt. But I still can't tell you when a blouse is not a shirt.
The seams are French seams. I machine felled the sleeve seam allowances to the shirt.
The collar, collar band, button tabs, cuffs and sleeve band are interfaced.
Roll shoulder on the shoulder seams and sleeve curve. I left the sleeve length long so I can roll it up to bracelet length when I need to.
This already had a centre back seam to accommodate my sway back.
To make sure I could size this up at the hips, I cut a 12 at the hips.
Long story short, once I finished this shirt and took the photos I wore the shirt the next day at work. Well I felt it was too loose at the front, I before work I sewed the front dart in by 1cm and it fit a whole lot better but there were no ripples.
The ladies at work love my shirt. The roll up sleeves were just what I needed to work at my desk and I did not dirty my sleeves. I hate cleaning cuffs on business shirts and I don't intend on ruining this shirt simply because I love wearing it.
Sue and Yoshimi got through to Round 2 with over 40 others who burnt the candle at both ends to get through. There were 116 of us who were judged in Round 1.