Working with the tried an tested Lekla 5688 pattern, Amanda made a light and airy top that looks like it's lovely and cool - perfect for this hot weather we're having.
Here's the make in full!
The fabric is a stretch lace from White Tree Fabrics.
It was quite slippy to cut but was fine to sew. I used lots of long pins as they kept falling out! I used a very slight zig-zag stitch once again. I used bias binding on the neck and sleeves. I hand stitched it down neatly.
I really did not think my sewing through and cut the front and back separately and so the top sleeve seam was a disaster…
I could have cut it on the fold!! I overcame the problem by hand stitching black ribbon along the seam and it looks ok. I think!!
Notions: bias binding, black ribbon.